T Enterprises Inc., dba 1Vision
1Vision has one vision: to enable our customers to refine and streamline their communications worldwide with industry-leading expertise and efficiency with data-driven solutions, online marketing portals, state-of-the-art print production, warehouse, and fulfillment.
Why Work Here? “Forward Thinking – Pursue growth, learning and fun.” At 1Vision, our people are our most important asset. We pride ourselves on our industry-leading team and are always looking for amazing talent!
Position Location: Houston, Texas
Hourly rate: $25-$32/ hour, DOE
Shift: 2nd Shift
Hours: 2pm-10pm M-F
Prepare customer supplied electronic files for output using software on the Macintosh and Windows OS platforms. Maintain equipment within the department. Our ideal candidate will be an energetic go-getter who excels in a fast-paced environment, and is seeking an opportunity to learn, develop, and advance within the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Read work orders as well as all notes and instructions (customer notes, digital paperwork, etc.)
- Check document size and margins, colors, and extend bleeds as necessary
- Verify that fonts are working properly/troubleshoot when necessary
- Verify that graphics and images process correctly/troubleshoot when necessary
- Make the necessary adjustments for the document to Refine/RIP correctly
- Process files through Prinergy and adjust trap as needed
- Perform basic troubleshooting of files that error throughout the workflow
- Work directly with CSR, Preflight, Job Planner etc. to resolve issues/problems
- Maintain all equipment related to department
- Maintain digital paperwork.
- Identify when pre/post proof alteration forms are necessary
- Review report and prepress schedule daily for job priority
- Utilize error logbooks for all equipment
- Troubleshoot problems on the MAC/PC/DFE(Digital Front End)
- General sweeping and cleaning of respective work area and department.
- Perform/maintain prepress equipment.
- Perform other duties as directed
- Working knowledge of the Macintosh and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of the following software:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Enfocus PitStop
- MS Excel
- MS Publisher
- MS Word
- Prinergy InSite
- Working knowledge of font handling and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of digital workflow and trapping
- Working knowledge of bindery and press specifications and mail specifications (drill allowance, margins, bleeds etc.)
- Working knowledge of PDF creation
- Understanding of printing process
- Familiarity of page layout, image manipulation, drawing and PDF handling software
- Previous experience or education in Graphic Arts
- Demonstrate good attention to detail
- Demonstrate good judgement regarding positioning requirements
- Demonstrate troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Be able to read a ruler and convert fractions to decimals
- Work effectively without direct supervision
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand new concepts
- Work overtime as needed
- 401(k) with 15% company match on employee contribution after vesting
- Medical & Dental insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Offer of employment contingent on successful completion of our pre-employment screening process. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
WHY WORK WITH US
New ideas are valued and explored.
Opportunities to grow at any stage in your career.
Learning and Fun
Work with a group of energized colleagues.
401K, Dental, Life and Medical available for all full-time employees.