Bindery Machine Folding/Cutting Operator
T Enterprises Inc., dba 1Vision
1Vision has one vision: to enable our customers to refine and streamline their communications worldwide with industry-leading expertise and efficiency with data-driven solutions, online marketing portals, state-of-the-art print production, warehouse, and fulfillment.
Why Work Here? “Forward Thinking – Pursue growth, learning and fun.” At 1Vision, our people are our most important asset. We pride ourselves on our industry-leading team and are always looking for amazing talent!
Location: Denver, Colorado
Pay: $18 to $25 per hour 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Shift: 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm M-F (seasonal overtime required)
In this essential role, the Bindery Machine Operator will successfully coordinate and prioritize the production process with substantial focus on producing a finished printed product of high quality, rapidly and efficiently. Our ideal candidate will be an energetic go-getter who excels in a fast-paced environment, and is seeking an opportunity to learn, develop, and advance within the company. Any applicant considering this position should have mechanical and technical aptitude and will be a team-player. On the job training for our operation will be provided. This is a great opportunity for a five+ day workweek. First or second shift position, seasonal overtime may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews department schedule and production order details to determine job specifications including deadline for completion
- Sets-up and operates folding equipment
- Sets-up and operates cutting equipment
- Helps with set-up and operates other bindery equipment such as cutting, folding, gluing, die cutting, binding, and mailing equipment
- Works with receiving and other production departments to ensure work area is properly staged using a pallet jack or forklift
- Loads and unloads material from machines
- Inspects materials and products for defects to ensure is meets job specifications
- Makes adjustments, perform maintenance, and complete minor repairs to equipment
- Own set-up/ calibration of equipment according to job specifications outlined in production order via computer systems
- Completes quality assurance checks consistently throughout production to ensures superior quality of product
- Keeps a clean and organized work area at all times
- Cross-trains in other areas and continues learning new and improved processes to increase knowledge and understanding of print industry
- Operates in compliance with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) requirements
- 2+ years previous experience in manufacturing or in a machine operation role
- 1+ years experience working in the print or mail industry operating folding equipment, including second/third fold units and glue systems
- Interpret and follow directions with precision
- Computer skills for job detail input and machine operation
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and re-stack up to 50lbs throughout shift
- Willingness to work overtime
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) with 15% company match on employee contribution
- Medical & Dental insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Offer of employment contingent on successful completion of our pre-employment screening process. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
What Makes Us Stand Out
New ideas are valued and explored.
Learning and Fun
Work with a group of energized colleagues.
401K, Dental, Life and Medical available for all full-time employees.